It might be quite difficult to get the ideal loan with the best terms. It’s difficult to locate a personal loan that genuinely improves your financial circumstances because of predatory lenders and hidden expenses.
It is for this reason that Modo, a brand-new fintech lender, is making waves. With quick funding, clear conditions, and affordable rates, Modo provides online personal loans.
We’ll go over all there is to know about this new loan provider in our comprehensive Modo loan review. You will discover the features, fees, rates, quantities and conditions of loans offered by Modo, as well as their advantages and disadvantages. View genuine testimonials for Modo loans left by clients who have used them.
You’ll be able to determine at the conclusion whether Modo is the best online lender for your borrowing requirements. For debt consolidation, house improvements, medical costs, and other personal financial demands, a Modo loan could offer immediate cash. Let’s see how Modo stacks up against payday loans, credit cards, banks, and other options.
Table of Contents
What is Modo?
Modo, which debuted in 2018, is a relative newbie in the fintech lending market. Nonetheless, they’ve created quite a stir in their short lives.
For almost any purpose, including debt consolidation, house renovation, and medical expenses, Modo provides personal loans up to $40,000. One of their primary features is that they provide qualified customers with fixed rates as low as 4.99% APR. That’s significantly better than what many people can obtain through credit cards or large banks.
Still, is the Modo loan legitimate? Is it really possible for them to provide low rates to all individuals seeking additional funds? For you to get the full scoop, I choose to delve further into this emerging financial player. I discovered the following.
How Does Modo Loan Work?
It only takes a few minutes to apply for a Modo loan online. Name, income, Social Security number, and other basic financial and personal information are requested.
Modo runs a mild credit check using this information to assess your eligibility. Your credit score is unaffected by this first inquiry.
You will receive an instant rate quote if you qualify. You fill out the application knowing the interest rate and monthly payment. No unpleasant surprises later on.
Modo performs a stringent credit check following acceptance of the loan offer. After that, usually within 1-2 business days, the money is directly paid into your bank account.
From application to funding, the entire process takes less than a week. incredibly quick in contrast to traditional lenders!
Learn More –
What Are the Modo Loan Requirements to Get Approved?
While Modo loan conditions are less strict than those of large banks, approval still requires a respectable credit score and source of income. First, the essentials:
- Minimum credit score of 640.
- A minimum of $20,000 in annual revenue.
- Must be a citizen of United States.
- Most states require someone to be at least 18 years old.
It’s said that having more income and credit score can assist you get a cheaper interest rate.
What Loan Amounts are Available from Modo?
Modo provides personal loans in sums ranging from $2,000 to $40,000. Your maximum loan amount is partially determined by your income.
Depending on your credit score, these are the loan amount ranges they offer:
640-679 – A maximum of $20,000.
680-719 – Maximum of $30,000.
720+ – Up to $40,000
Having more money will also make it easier for you to get larger loans.
How Does Modo Loan Interest Rate Compare?
Modo stands out since their charges can be significantly less than those of competitors.
They advertise 4.99% annual percentage rate fixed rates. Excellent credit (720+ score) is assumed for this.
Rates should be approximately 15% when your credit score is 640. A person with a high 600s score can land in the 7–10% area.
The average credit card interest rate, which is more than 17% APR, is worse than even the highest rates! And far superior than title or payday loans, which sometimes have absurdly high triple-digit annual percentage rates.
More rarely than 10% interest personal loans are offered by large banks. Thus, Modo’s prices are far lower than those of its rivals.
Are There Any Fees to Watch Out For?
The lack of hidden garbage fees is another benefit of Modo loans. Here’s a brief summary:
- Neither origination nor application fees.
- No prepayment penalties apply; there are no additional fees if you repay the loan early.
- As long as you pay the minimum amount, there are no late fees.
- If a payment bounces, standard returned payment costs are incurred.
The sole cost is an administration fee, which is removed from the loan amount before any money is sent into your account and ranges from 4 to 6%.
For a $10,000 loan, you may receive a deposit of $9,500 after paying $500 in fees. However, the APR includes the admin fee.
How Long Do You Have to Repay a Modo Loan?
3 to 5 years are the possible loan terms. Although monthly payments are greater for shorter durations, rates are lower.
The following are Modo’s repayment schedules:
Best rates for 3 years; larger monthly payment
5 years: more total interest but a smaller monthly payment
There are never any prepayment penalties, regardless of the duration. You can reduce interest by repaying more quickly.
Can You Skip or Reduce Modo Payments?
Modo does not provide loan modifications or postponed payments. Over the course of the loan’s repayment period, set monthly principal and interest installments are made.
It does state, however, that qualified debtors may skip up to two payments annually. Missed payments will result in an extension of the loan term and a charge.
Before missing payments, find out if you qualify by contacting Modo’s customer support team. Make sure you comprehend the effect it has on interest rates.
The Pros of Modo Loans
The following are the key benefits of obtaining a loan from Modo, after going over the tiny print:
- Fast funding – Within days of application, get loan dollars in your account.
- Competitive rates – Much lower APRs than those of big banks or credit cards.
- Soft credit check – On your report, view your rate without making a hard query.
- Clear terms – No unanticipated costs or fees.
- Good for bad credit – Reasonable approval rates even for those with imperfect credit.
- Skip payments – A fee-based option to forgo one or two payments annually.
- Easy application – The entire process takes less than ten minutes online.
Modo fulfills the need for easy and quick access to finances. When compared to higher-interest options, the rates might also result in significant savings.
The Cons of Modo Loans
However, no lender is perfect. Here are a few possible disadvantages of Modo to take into account:
- Strict loan amounts – $40k maximum, depending on credit score and income.
- High minimum income – Must earn at least $20,000 per year to be approved.
- Adds debt – A loan raises monthly payments and total debt.
- Late fees – You pay late penalties for payments that you missed.
- Some fees – The admin charge deducts 4–6% from the loan balance.
- No modifications – No choices for payment extensions or deferrals.
Verify that you are able to make the monthly payment. then make a strategy to pay off the loan as soon as possible to avoid paying interest.
Who Should (and Shouldn’t) Get a Modo Loan?
For certain consumers, modo loans are a good choice. However, not everyone should choose them.
Those that could profit from Modo include the following examples:
- A larger loan amount is required for those with fair credit.
- Anyone wishing to combine credit card debt or other high-interest loans.
- Those that require quick money with the least amount of difficulty.
- The lowest interest rate that fits their credit score is what borrowers seek.
- Owners of homes in need of money for repairs or upgrades.
Modo might not be the greatest option, though, if:
- You’re on a tight budget and have poor credit.
- Want the ability to postpone payments if necessary.
- A large job will require more than $40k.
- Don’t want a long-term loan with a monthly commitment.
Your unique financial position should decide whether a Modo loan makes sense for you, just like it should with any significant borrowing choice.
How to Apply for a Modo Loan: Step-by-Step
Are you prepared to go with Modo? This is a detailed explanation of the application procedure:
- Visit Modo’s website – Modoloans.com is the direct online application form. Press “Apply Now.”
2. Enter personal information – Basic information like name, social security number, income source, and date of birth will be requested.
3. Provide income details – Your employment status and gross annual income must be entered. Pay stubs can be necessary.
4. Enter loan amount – Select the loan amount you wish to borrow between $2k and $40k.
5. Authorize soft credit check – This enables Modo to see your credit report and offer you an estimate for a rate.
6. Review rate offers – Examine loan specifics such as terms of repayment, monthly payment, and APR. Choose your favored choice.
7. Provide additional details – Await inquiries regarding bank accounts, contact details, additional bills, and living expenses.
8. eSign documents – Examine the loan agreement, then electronically sign it.
9. Final credit check – To get your official Modo approval, approve a hard inquiry.
10. Get funds fast – The loan money is transferred to your bank in 1-2 business days if it is accepted.
After that, keep up monthly payments until your loan is settled! When you’re prepared to begin the procedure, submit an online application.
Modo Loan Review From Real Customers:
John D. from Ohio:
“To consolidate roughly $12,000 in credit card debt, I utilized a Modo loan. I could not be paying the 19% APR on my cards. My loan was paid off quickly as I was able to lower everything to 10% APR with Modo. Also very simple was the online procedure. The next day, I was approved with only a few laptop button clicks. I applied, and less than 48 hours later, the money was in my checking account. My high-interest debt was finally paid off thanks to Modo!”
Sarah W. from California:
“Since I work for myself, my income varies a lot. I knew it would be difficult to obtain a bank loan approved when I found myself in unexpected need of $8,000 to pay for medical expenditures. However, since I have a consistent clientele, Modo simply needed proof of my income for the last three months. I filled out the online form with very simple information, and within one business day, I was accepted for $10,000. When I was in a tight spot, the funding’s quickness and flexibility definitely helped. Additionally, I was able to secure one of Modo’s lowest interest rates because to my 720 credit score.”
James T. from Florida:
“I needed to combine $15k in personal loans from a few different apps that were charging me exorbitant interest rates. I have a 650 credit score. Doing the calculations showed that I could save thousands of dollars over the course of the loan by negotiating a lower rate with Modo. Even with the roughly $750 in origination fees subtracted, my new 7.99% interest rate will still result in far lower interest payments for me. Overall very easy process, and customer support answered all of my queries regarding loan prepayment.”
The Bottom Line of Modo Loan Review: Is it Worth?
Is Modo ultimately a suitable choice for taking out a loan?
Absolutely, provided the borrower is qualified!
Modo loans are a fantastic substitute for credit cards and conventional bank loans because of their fast funding, affordable rates, and absence of junk fees.
Just be careful to estimate prices based on your credit score using Modo’s calculator. Additionally, avoid taking on more debt than your income allows you to manage.
Modo is something to think about if you need a few thousand dollars for home improvement projects, medical expenses, debt repayment, or any other worthwhile expense. All you need to do is make timely payments and use the loan properly.
FAQ About Modo Loan Review
Do you still have any questions? The following are responses to the most common queries regarding the Modo loan review process:
Does Modo do credit checks?
Indeed, Modo performs a hard inquiry upon acceptance in addition to a soft credit check for prequalification. Your score may temporarily drop if you take the hard check.
When do I get the loan money?
After final approval, funds are wired to your bank account in a matter of one to two business days.
Can I get a loan without proof of income?
No, all candidates need to submit proof of income in the form of tax returns or pay stubs.
How long does approval take?
Once all relevant documents have been submitted, the approval procedure takes one to three business days.
Can I apply for a loan with a co-signer?
No, Modo does not currently permit co-signers on their personal loans.
Can I use a Modo loan to refinance a car?
No, you are unable to refinance an automobile using a personal Modo loan. You would have to see if they provided items for auto refinancing.
What FICO scores do they accept?
To be eligible, your FICO score must be at least 640. Rates are best for scores above 720.
Can I pay my loan off early?
Sure, With Modo, there are no early payout penalties. To save money on interest and pay off the loan sooner, you might pay more.
Do they offer home loans or business loans?
Not at this time. Modo doesn’t offer student, business, or mortgage loans; it solely offers personal installment loans.
Can I apply in person at a branch?
No, there are no physical locations for Modo. It is necessary for you to apply online via their website.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any clarification!
You might like: